IT-DISCUSS Archives

November 1997

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Roger Lawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 11:39:39 -0500
The Ad Hoc Information Technology Task Force is releasing a preview draft
to the UVM community for your review and comment. Note that the draft in
its current form has not been reviewed or accepted by the President,
Provost or Vice Presidents.

The report is by no means complete. It does not yet include the
implementation budgets or chronologies that will be part of our final
report. In order to reduce the volume of the preliminary report, we have
omitted assessment appendices as well as sections in which we are not yet
ready to make substantial recommendations or feel that no changes are
necessary. These will be included in the final report. We are happy to
report that nearly all task force members have had a hand in the writing
and honing of the report, and that there seems to be no significant dissent
regarding our fundamental recommendations.

Our intent is that this preview report will stimulate discussion of the
issues and our recommendations. We intend to have an open forum shortly and
will be participating in the information technology "Info Day" on November
20. We hope these efforts can lead to a growing consensus similar to our
own.

The current draft is available on the Web at:

        http://www.uvm.edu/~punia/ittf/draft/

The final report, which is planned for the end of the semester, will be
guided by the feedback from the UVM community, and will include more
specific recommendations, including prospective implementation budgets and
chronologies as well as assessments of key information technology arenas.

For more information about Ray Lavigne's charge to the IT Task Force and
the ongoing development of this planning effort see the IT Planning Web
page at:

        http://www.uvm.edu/~ral/ittf/

  We invite comments, questions, ideas and other input from the entire UVM
community. You are encouraged to contact any of the task force members
(listed below). If you have a particular area of interest and wish to
discuss your ideas with someone who is directly involved, check the
subcommittee and extended task force assignments at
http://www.uvm.edu/~ral/ittf/ITTF.assgnmnts.html

To participate in the associated electronic forum (Plan-IT) see:

                       http://www.uvm.edu/~punia/ittf/Plan-IT.html

which is archived at:  http://list.uvm.edu/archives/plan-it.html

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Information Technology Task Force: