IT-DISCUSS Archives

November 1997

IT-DISCUSS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Dean Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:08:22 -0500
Thursday, November 20, a good number of Computing and Information
Technology (CIT) staff will be presenting InfoDay '97, UVM's information
technology fair.  We'll strive to provide the services you depend on, but
it may take Academic Computing Services and Client Services longer to
respond to requests for assistance.  We'll maintain our regular office
hours, and the CIT Help Line will be open as usual from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00
p.m.   The Help Line is at <[log in to unmask]> or 656-2604.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact me by email or by phone.

We hope you can join us for InfoDay!  It takes place in Waterman's Memorial
Lounge tomorrow from 10 until 3.

Dean Williams

>                           InfoDay '97
>                Information Technology at UVM
>                     Thursday November 20th
>                     10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
>                        Memorial Lounge
>                       Waterman Building
>

>Explore information technology at UVM:
>
>- Come see the latest Apple and Intel-based systems.
>
>- Find out how to use technology more effectively in teaching and
>  learning.
>
>- Discover the new Web interface to UVM's library resources.
>
>- See live video capture, editing, and streaming, as well as
>  scholarly machine-readable texts.
>
>- Learn what Internet 2 means for UVM.
>
>- Discuss the Plan-IT task force's recommendations.
>
>- Ask computing questions you've always meant to ask.
>
>- Publish your e-mail address.
>
>* Win exciting door prizes.
>
>   ...and much more!

Dean Williams                                       [log in to unmask]
Assistant Director for Client Services              656-1174
Division of Computing & Information Technology      FAX 656-0872