One of the issues we've discussed is moving CIT staff accounts from Pheonix
to Chipmunk. In some of the initial discussions, that move was supposed to
be completed somewhere around the end of '97 or early'98.
Would this type of system replacement delay moving staff accounts over to
Chipmunk? And if so, how long of a delay might be expected?
>I am currently leaning towards Mike's proposal to upgrade Chipmunk and
>reallocate the old Chipmunk for the "new" Mole (or whatever folks wish to
>call it). IBM's semiannual announcements are scheduled for Feb. 9.
>Typically there will be reduction in prices for current products so we
>should have enough IBM Matching Grant funds left to cover it. There might
>even be a new system announced that would be an appropriate replacement for
>I would like to see us either move Mole's production applications to
>another server, or replace Mole with something on warranty or maintenance.
>Thoughts? What would we do with the Alpha?