CONSBIO Archives

February 1998

CONSBIO@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
UVM Conservation Biology Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Mark A. Ward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:26:51 -0500
Conservation Biology Fans-
        The discussion group will be back this coming Wednesday Feb. 25th
at 12:15PM in Aiken 105 with a presentation entitled, "The Perils of
Pollination Privation."
         As kids we all learned about "the birds and the bees." But to what
extent has our understanding of pollination ecology informed our
conservation efforts? Mark Ward of the UVM Field Naturalist Program will
discuss the threats posed to conservation and agriculture by our disregard
for the critical interactions between plants and their pollinators.

Mark will draw heavily from the book "The Forgotten Pollinators" by
Buchmann and Nabhan. Photocopies of the Introduction to this book will be
available for people to look at prior to next week's meeting in the Cons
Bio envelope on the 2nd floor of Aiken (outside Room 219).

Hope to see you all there!