]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

EDSS-295 Home

EDSS-295  June 1998

EDSS-295 June 1998

Re: FYI: Why You'll Go Wireless on September 17, 2003

John Stankiewicz <[log in to unmask]>

Telecommunications and the Information Highway <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:58:25 -0400

What you are failing to take into account is the so-called Millenium bug,
which strikes at the stroke of midnight on Dec. 31st, 1999 and wil bring
civilization to its knees.  It will take far longer than 3 years to recover.
By the way, I'm an Electrical Engineer and Developer (Software, etc.).  I've
done my due diligence on this.  Good luck all!

js

At 10:49 AM 6/24/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Why You'll Go Wireless on September 17, 2003
>
>Berst Alert
>Jesse Berst, Editorial Director<BR><I>ZDNet AnchorDesk</I>
>Wednesday, June 24, 1998
>
>There came a day in the late '80s when you had to have
>a fax. You couldn't be taken seriously as a
>businessperson  without a fax number on your card.
>
>In a similar fashion, there will come a day when you'll
>have to go wireless. That day will be September 17,
>2003.
>
>I'm not talking here about narrowband services such as
>cellular phones. I mean broadband services that let you
John Stankiewicz, Nutritionist. Obscure health related info:
http://www.micronauts.com