LISTSERV Archives

GEOCOSMO Home

GEOCOSMO  October 1998

GEOCOSMO October 1998

CALL FOR PAPERS

Tibor Dunai <[log in to unmask]>

In situ cosmogenic isotopes <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:04:25 +0200

                            CALL FOR PAPERS

 Earth surface processes, the cosmogenic nuclide perspective:
 methodological advances and applications

Symposium at the 24th General Assembly of the European Geophysical Society
(EGS) The Hague, The Netherlands, 19-23 April 1999

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the above symposium at next years
EGS-meeting.

The symposium aims to cover all relevant aspects of the application
of cosmogenic nuclides to earth surface sciences. The topics of the
contributions requested for this session therefore encompass methodological
advances, such as spatial and temporal calibration of production rates,
analytical advances and novel sampling strategies, as well as application
relevant to landscape development, neotectonics and climatological
problems.

Associated symposia include "Erosion and tectonic movements", "Exhumation
processes: observational constraints and modelling" and "Evolution of
passive margins".

The deadline for abstract submission is 15 December 1998.

Originals of the abstracts should to be sent to the EGS office and copies
to the conveners (addresses below).

Guidelines for the format and submission of abstracts, registration forms,
as well as information about EGS support programmes for visiting the
meeting (for young scientists from Europe and North America and colleagues
from the former Soviet Union) can be obtained from the EGS office:

EGS Office
Max-Planck-Str. 13
37191 Katlenburg-Lindau
Germany
Tel: +49-5556-1440
Fax: +49-5556-4709
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.coperinus.org/EGS/EGS.hmtl

We have tried hard to track down most e-mail adresses, however, we are aware
that the mailing list is far from being complete. Therefore, please forward
this message to any colleagues who you know that may be interested.

We look forward to seeing you in The Hague.

Sincerely

Tibor J. Dunai (convener)     Finlay M. Stuart (co-convener)

Dr. T.J. Dunai                                Dr.F.M. Stuart
Isotope Geology                               Isotope Geosciences Unit
Faculty of Earth Sciences                     S.U.R.R.C.
Free University Amsterdam                     East Kilbride G75 0QF, UK
De Boelelaan 1085                             Tel: +44-1355-270138
1081 HV Amsterdam                             Fax: +44-1355-229898
Tel: +31-20-4447398 or 4447407                e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Fax: +31-20-6462457
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Dr. T.J. Dunai
Faculteit der Aardwetenschappen