MUNINET Archives

January 1999

MUNINET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jim Condos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 17:54:30 EST
One area with which South Burlington is very concerned is delinquent state
property taxes.  Currently, Act 60 requires the payment to the state of the
"TAX BILL" regardless of whether the city or town has been able to collect all
of the taxes.

SB will be introducing language that says we have 90-120 days after the due
date to make full payment in cases of delinquent taxes.  We feel we should be
able to collect most of the taxes that are delinquent in that time.

In addition, I would strongly agree the cities/towns need to be FAIRLY
compensated for collections.

Jim C.
Vice Chair, City Council