SKIVT-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Michael Taub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:11:03 EST

<<This is not a matter of me
being responsible for my own actions, there is a significant difference
between me skiing safely at high speed and me being hit by someone who is not
skiing safely. This is exactly why we have a ski patrol.

It is hard to argue with your logic  and your post is exceptionally clear.
Most people feel the way you do.  I guess I am just a bit extreme about my
position on what I do on the hill.  If we all used good judgement then we
wouldn't need the patrol.  In this imperfect world, this doesn't happen, but I
guess I like to think of my little part of the skiing world as Perfect.  BTW
if you skied in the woods more those out of control kids wouldn't be a
problem.  "The trees are your friends!"  Pretty sick or what.

Mike
Atleast its snowing now