SKIVT-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Slifkin, Douglas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:30:37 -0500
        I got to Stowe at 11:30 and I began with two blue cruisers which
had a nice packed powder surface.  I then skied
Nosedive-bypass-glades-goatdive woods which had a lot of brush that was
not yet covered.  I then ran into Ken Hildeck who is a ticket checker/
ambassador at Stowe.  After that I did a top to bottom run on Goat which
was very crusty.  Then a cruiser to the intermediate bumps on Gulch.  I
then met up with 4 buddies at 1:00, and we skied Starr which had blue
ice at the top and had nice softer bumps on the lower part.  Then we did
two cruisers and we went up the Gondola and did Chin Clip which was icy
but fun with small rutted bumps.  We then did cliff trail to Nosedive
and a few cruisers and I finished off with an icy Nosedive to the
glades.  The conditions were good but not as good as Wednesday and the
powder in the woods has gotten a lot denser.  I drove home in sleet and
then snow and now it's freezing rain.

        Doug