SKIVT-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:44:41 EST
Matt Lukens Wrote:

<< I'm an X downhiller, I lost a good friend/ competitor to a tree 30 year
ago,
we shouldn't loose anymore, its sensless and it can be avoide. My kids MUST
wear helmets at all times>>

Helmets are a great idea. In this case, however, the boy was wearing a helmet,
he died of massive internal injuries.

A helmet is not ticket to ski recklessly. I have constantly seen the GMVS kids
bombing around the mountain at ludicrious speeds during free ski time. While
this kid was from WVA, an accident like this was bound to happen. Hopefully,
Sugarbush will speak to GMVS about keeping racers under control when they are
not on the race course before there are any more deaths.