SKIVT-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 22:10:24 EST
All those out there who were fortunate to avoid the race hoopla and ski, and
there were not many of us, encountered what might have been the finest day
this year so far.  No crowds at all, no lift line, and Castlerock was ours on
a Sat.  We could ski right into the line and have one chair to wait for.  The
skiing was fine, coverage was great, the snow was very soft and the runs were
ours.  Skiing at Sugarbush today was as uncrowded as MRG during the week. I do
not know if the rain tomorrow will beat up the snow badly but the snowpack
today was great.  All the runs, liftline, rumble, middle earth and castlerock
run were fine.  A great day was had by all lucky enough to be there.  BTW the
race never happened, too foggy.  Go figure.

David Sunshine