SKIVT-L Archives

January 1999, Week 4

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Wesley Alan Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:59:01 -0500
Jonathan Kamien -- who hopefully won't break my wife when he plays with her
at MJ/WP next week -- asks:

<[Leslie] settled on the Volkl Cross-Rangers after demo-ing several
>different skis.  Anyone have any comments on this ski?

The more I ski it, the more I like it.

In deep and/or heavy snow, they are champs. I was skiing like a hero
yesterday: Jumpin Jimmy and Bumper Ghrill Alice accused me of cheating --
where they got hung up or caught edges, I floated like a butterfly (Bypass
chutes and Slalom Glade, in particular). Steep soft moguls at top of
National were a piece of cake. Moguls in general ski different and feel
different than on old skis -- in ways I can't quite describe -- but once
you figure out the tricks, they hum. They only thing they don't do real
well is go slow or wedeln.

But I think they are destroying my knees. Definitely feel the skis tweaking
the knees in odd directions, especially at end  of turns and in moguls.

>The Christy's
>Sports out here said they will beat anybody else's price.  Does anyone know
>of a place selling them for less than $570?

That is consistant with east coast sale prices.

| Wesley Alan Wright <[log in to unmask]>                          |
| Academic Computing Services       __0__                             |
| Room 238 Waterman Building       / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77  http://cit.uvm.edu/~waw/    |
| Burlington, Vermont 05405-0160 USA. \\  http://mole.uvm.edu/skivt-l |
| Voice:802-656-1254 FAX:802-656-0872  vv                             |