]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

COMMUNET Home

COMMUNET  May 1999, Week 2

COMMUNET May 1999, Week 2

CALL FOR PAPERS: J. of Municipal Telecommunications, July 1999

Miles Fidelman <[log in to unmask]>

Community and Civic Network discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 May 1999 17:33:25 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

[please forward as appropriate]

CALL FOR PAPERS:  Journal of Municipal Telecommunications, July 1999 Issue

see www.munitelecom.org/jmt for information on the Journal, and the
current issue

   Deadlines for July, 1999 Issue:
     * May 20: notify us by email of your intent to submit a paper
     * June 15: deadline for submission
     * July 10: final submissions due based on comments by Editorial
       Review Board

   Audience: Elected Officials, City & Town Managers, Advisory Board
   Members, Department Heads, staff members, regulators, attorneys,
   equipment and service providers, academics, interested citizens, and
   members of the media who are concerned with telecommunications issues.

   We seek submissions from practitioners and analysts - decision makers,
   staff, attorneys, consultants - with hands-on knowledge of municipal
   telecommunications issues. If you're a city manager, who's just lead
   an innovative telecommunications effort, you're the kind of author
   we're seeking.

   Topics of interest include: Wireless antenna siting; right-of-way
   management; attachments to poles, ducts, conduits and rights of way;
   cable refranchising; telecommunications ordinances; community-wide
   telecommunications infrastructure; delivery of municipal services by
   wire; use of the Internet to support public policy decisions;
   organizational development and change around new information systems;
   impact of telecommunications on local economies; state barriers to
   entry; strategic partnerships; "smart communities;" and universal
   service.

   We are particularly interested in case studies of innovative solutions
   to contentious issues (e.g. successful antenna ordinances,
   city-operated telecommunications utilities). We're also interested in
   lessons learned from efforts that didn't work out.

   We seek 4 to 8 page case studies that detail the problem addressed,
   options considered, decisions made (and why), implementation, results,
   recommendations for other communities based on lessons learned, and