Font:

LISTSERV Archives

FSCP-SIG Home

FSCP-SIG  June 1999

FSCP-SIG June 1999

Re: New members

Diana Hiatt Michael <[log in to unmask]>

Family, School, Community Partnerships SIG

Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:05:09 -0700

>Active encouragement means that the California Teaching Commission (CTC)
>adopted a Standard (1997) for K-12 teacher credential programs which reads:
"Each candidate learns about the full range of ways family-school
partnerships can enhance good teaching and support student learning and
well-being. Each candidate gains an in-depth knowledge of families,
communities and self, and is able to foster respectful and productive
relationships with families in diverse home and community environments."
Each higher ed institution must indicate how that standard is met within
their teacher credential program as CTC approves higher ed programs. My
institution is preparing for a CTC on-site review.
Diana Hiatt-Michael

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Diana Hiatt Michael wrote: <snip>