UVMFLOWNET Archives

September 1999

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Carles Nicolau Molina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 23:16:24 +-200
        Hello Flownetters,

I would like to request some advice on the evaluation of carotid stenosis.
In our Hospital we measure stenosis by ultrasound comparing the diameter of the lumen with the diameter of the vessel at the point of maximum stenosis (real stenosis), but correlation  with the results of arteriography is sometimes poor because they compare the diameter of the lumen with the distal diameter of the carotid.
Do you think that we must do the same by ultrasound?

Carlos Nicolau