UVMFLOWNET Archives

September 1999

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Sherry Guthrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 10:19:51 -0700
Don Ridgway wrote:

> This isn't what you'd call Earth-shaking, but there's a bit of a bet:
>
> What position are people taking relative to the patient when scanning
> carotids? I'm still of the old school, sitting behind the patient's head.
> Another tech tells me nobody scans like that any more; he stands at the
> patient's side, facing the patient, much as one would doing an abdominal
> scan but a bit farther toward the head.
>
> Could I ask for a bit of a survey? There's a lunch riding on this. You can
> reply straight to me so as not to clutter the Flownet up severely:

> Thanks a ton.
>
> Don Ridgway
> Grossmont Hospital
> Grossmont College

Hi Don,
Sherry Guthrie here.  I'am still scanning and teaching my students the
old timers way.  It's worked well fro almost 20 years why change
positions now.  By the way I'am recomending your new book to my class
of  students this semester.  It's great for those who are cross training
intovascular and need some great technique.  Tell Kathleen I enjoyed
getting together with her in Reno.  Dee says to say Hi to you both.
Be sure to let me know how your tally comes out.
Sherry