UVMFLOWNET Archives

September 1999

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Christine Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 19:41:32 EDT
Ditto for us in Mobile.  Our docs screen any calls after 9pm and and calls
that aren't venous during the day.  It has discouraged call-backs for
ludicrous reasons.

Example:  I recieved a call at 1030pm from the nursing floor about how to
initiate our call policy for a venous exam.  The nurse had just called
ultrasound and demanded that the tech come in for the study (right now!) and
been told that they called the wrong department - call vascular. I explained
that the nurse needed to call the vascular surgeon who would determine
whether or not to call the tech in.  Guess what? Neither the vascular surgeon
or the tech got a page.  After tracking it down the next day, it was an order
that was sent to the wrong department late that afternoon - not STAT or
anything else, just "venous duplex of LE's"
Oh, yes...the patient was negative. - Christine

In a message dated 9/15/99 11:25:04 AM Central Daylight Time,