UVMFLOWNET Archives

September 1999

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bill Vandenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:55:24 -0500
Dear Don, I've been scanning since l982 and have been using the technique of
sitting behind the patient, I have good control of the transducer, good access
to the control panel, able to observe the patient, talk to the patient and
have good alignment of the neck and body.  We also have been using dental
chairs for many years.  They make the patients so comfortable and can be
adjusted to different heights and angles. When scanning all day, posture is
very important to prevent fatigue and yes, we must remember ergonomics.
Sincerely, Carol Vandenberg, RN, RVT  Peripheral Vascular Associates, San
Antonio, Tx