Hereafter are my suggestions in Caps:
The School Board of Directors (Board), in conjunction with the
Principal, will develop rules and procedures for the security of all
school buildings. It is the Principal's responsibility to ensure that
all personnel are aware of the building security procedures.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure a safe learning environment,
protect school assets and to prevent acts of vandalism.
1. The front doors of the school are TO BE opened at 7:30 AM FOR STUDENT
ENTRY.(DELETE: and students are allowed into school at this time).
Students, HOWEVER, are only TO BE allowed into the Multi-Purpose room
until their teacher arrives. (DELETE: and allows them into the
classroom.) All other doors into the school are to remain locked AT ALL
TIMES, AND ALL INTERIOR DOORS ARE TO BE LOCKED AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL
DAY, UNLESS OTHERWISE AUTHORIZED BY THE PRINCIPAL. (DELETE: throughout
the day unless so authorized by the Principal.)
2. The front doorS of the school (DELETE: will) ARE TO be locked at 4:00
PM (DELETE: every day) unless OTHERWISE authorized by the Principal.
3. The Principal (DELETE: has the authority to)WILL regulate who has
keys to what rooms ACCORDING TO FOLLOWING (DELETE: The) standard
(DELETE: will be as follows):
- Master keys: Principal & Maintenance Supervisor
- Front door, public rooms, office & single classroom: each teacher
- Front door, public rooms & office: Board members
- NO KEYS ARE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE TO ANYONE ELSE EXCEPT BY EXPLICIT
AUTHORIZATION FROM THE BOARD.
BEFORE RECEIVING KEYS, KEYHOLDERS WILL SIGN A KEYHOLDER AGREEMENT
DEFINING RULES OF OWNERSHIP AND RETURN.
(DELETE: At no time will members of the public be given a key to the
4. In the event a Moretown resident(s) wishes to use the school for
community activities, the Principal will ensure that the REGULATIONS FOR
THE PUBLIC USE OF THE MORETOWN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (ORIGINAL CAPS) and
building security measures are followed.
5. Visitors (parents included) WHEN ENTERING THE SCHOOL are to stop at
the School Office, state their reason for being at the school and sign
in. WHEN LEAVING THEY WILL SIGN OUT.
6. At no time are children TO BE allowed in the school building unless