LISTSERV Archives

COMMUNET Home

COMMUNET  December 1999, Week 3

COMMUNET December 1999, Week 3

Re: The Ghosts of Internet Time

Charles Heberle <[log in to unmask]>

Community and Civic Network discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:30:32 -0800

Andy, Thanks.  I see your future coming already.  I have a little device that
builds community the old fashioned way, by talking in small groups at the local
level and then linking through the net or maybe by committees of
correspondence.  I'll be glad to show it to you if you want.  C. Heberle
Tacoma, WA

YOU THE PEOPLE

Downloads Power, Uploads People

It -
 Is easy, powerful, and fun
 Helps You the PEOPLE learn how your government works
 Helps you learn how to work with your government
 Increases your awareness of the issues you face
 Trains you to make informed decisions regarding these issues
 Builds unity and community
 Trains you to rate and elect effective representatives
 Breaks gridlock
 Reduces crime
 Reduces dissension

and -

 It is modeled on the U.S. Constitution with checks and balances,
self-rule, and   freedom of choice built in.

 It improves two way communication between You the PEOPLE and your
government at all levels.

 It helps you learn to make decisions, negotiate, solve problems, and
build a   better community.

 It trains you to do this regularly, rationally, and responsibly.

 It helps You the PEOPLE speak effectively so that you can get things
done.

 It builds bridges between you, your neighbors, and other
neighborhoods.

Try it, It Works! ! !

 I would have government by an informed citizenry enlightened by
universal education and a free exchange of ideas.
       --Thomas Jefferson