Dear Isotopers,

We're turning on our high temperature GC pyrolysis furnace for the
first time. I can't seem to find clear/straightforward instructions in
either manual that I have access to at the moment. [Is the Pope
Catholic?]

Can someone recommend the timing and rate and temperatures for this
reactor furnace?

Also, one manual mentions preconditioning, meaning injecting a
microliter of solvent in the column before actually analyzing samples.
Does anyone know what this actually does? And, do any of you have a
procedure in place for this?

Thanks for your help. We're proceeding and will keep you informed
regardless.

Marilyn Fogel

Dr. Marilyn L. Fogel
Geophysical Laboratory