Anyone watch the NOVA special on George Mallory tonight???   have read bits
about his 2924 summit attempt of Everest but have never had (or ever will)
have a full appreciation of what he and George Irvin accomplished in
1924...we bitch about "a little cold snap"  my friends we are ALL wussies
compared to those two..I can NOT EVEN imagine attempting an endeavor such as
theirs in the clothing they wore (wool over cotton) with the equipment they
had..I had tears in my eyes watching this ..knowing the incredible fortitude
and WILL those men must have had ..to do what they beleived in..if it repeats
(the show) on PBS do not miss it...

Chris S