As I recently promised, with Microsoft poised to release Windows 2000
to retailers on February 17th, the Division of Computing and
Information Technology (CIT) has published its plan for offering
support for Windows 2000, with recommendations regarding Windows 2000
upgrades.  CIT does not advise use of Windows 2000 at this time.  We
expect to gain familiarity with the Windows 2000 products over the
next several months, and hope to offer support by the end of Summer
2000.  We hope to get the server software up soon, but apparently we
won't be able to get a copy of Professional until its retail release
later this month.

For details, please see the Software Support section of CIT's Web pages:

   http://cit.uvm.edu/index.html?Page=&dir=./softsupport

-Dean Williams
Dean Williams                                       [log in to unmask]
Assistant Director for Client Services              656-1174
Division of Computing & Information Technology      FAX 656-0872