                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Dan Barron [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

                Took my new/used Dynastars to the ski shop for a dose of
Ptex. I've skied
                'em about 6 days. I was told they'd been skied as rentals
some 10 times
                before. Ski shop says they're starting to delaminate. He
doesn't want to do
                anything to 'em 'cause basically they're unskiable.

                AAARRRGGGHHH.

                What does delaminating mean?

                Is it terminal?

                Is there something wrong with the skis themselves? With the
way I ski? Just
                bad luck?

                Hardware doesn't like me. My computer's in the shop. My bike
needs new
                brakes. My boots are held together now with a jerry-rigged
strap. And I
                need skis by this weekend.

                --telenaut