Todd Fisher <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I find that a swift pole swing to the back of the head tends to get these
>guys attention. If I catch some fool that close to me I'm not afraid to give
>him a piece of the bent wand strapped to my hand.

I usually aim lower- so as to avoid seriously injuring anything more than
the glass ego of the offender. A shot in the head is more likely to end up
in court that a shot in the well-padded butt.  Seems like my hit rate is
only about 30% anyway- ususally end up ticking their pole instead- which
generally brings them to an abrupt halt.

>Then I went to Wa-wa on saturday for a few quick runs [snip]

Aye _there's_ the rub!  Seems WaWa's got the rudest clientele this side
of the Hudson! (I've seen worse-  I've had people chucking cans at me
from the lift at Crystal Mt. WA while I was skiing a wilder lift cut.)

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop