On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Andy Paradise wrote:

that he'd love to "go into a job intervew and demand....."
but "I'd rather have a job".  Something "off" here - one does no Demand
at a job interview, or hardly anytime IF ONE DOES NOT HAVE BETTER OR
OTHER options.  THat should be Rule #1.  Rule #2 is that "professional
perqs" HAVE to be presenteed right from the start IF ONE IS GOING TO BE
treated as a Professional.  Al "they" can say is fidget and say "no", and
all you can say, if a job is offered, that you are unhappy over this or
that, and can't we come to an agreement, etc., at least time off to
attend the metings in additional to the usual vacation time, etc.  ANd if
one needs a job, and needs to take what is offered, qualify it with
stating a disappointment but accept the job anyway -

And it is always easier to give advice when one is not "in" the
situation than to keep one's wits about one when interviewing -

Daliak