Kor Kiley <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>OK Jim, SOME (quite a few) snowboarders at this resort were not only
>discourteous, they were recklessly oblivious of threatening the safety of
>others.

OK, _my_ personal statistics for the season:

Knocked down by skiers at WaWa_________3

Hit but not downed by skiers at WaWa___2

Knocked down by 'boarders at WaWa______1

Hit, not downed by 'boarders at WaWa___2

Skier/boarders hit by me at WaWa_______0
Total for WaWa bowling season__________8

Total 'boarder hits for season_________3

Looks like the skiers are winning! :-)

But the predominance of  near-hits seemed to be 'boarders, at least in the
early season.

The ubiquitous "sorry dude, didn't see you" story seemed independent of
toy type, but more credible in the 'boarder hits, which all appeared to
be heel-side approaches on the target (me).  More experienced 'boarders
understand the blind-side aspect and tend to look more carefully.  I only
wish _skiers_ understood this better and gave 'boarders a bit more room
on the heel-side when passing them.

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop