Bill Brown <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I've got you all beat
>
>1 day  Snow Bluff, MO
>
>Closed forever 2 weeks after I skied there.
>
>I know it not really a ski area.  VF is only 150 tops.

Now _that's_ a short season! Where is that place? Is there/do you have a
trail map?  (A BC skier I know may be moving to St. Louis later this
year- is desperate to know where to ski- total vertical unimportant!)

BTW: The place I thrash & flail in Concord MA has a total vertical of
something like 50-60', but it's got some 30+ degree chutes and many 20+
degree tree shots.  I've earned upwards of 1k' in an afternoon there,
skiing few lines more than twice.  And last week I was drooling at the
bluffs overlooking the Rock River in Rock Island IL at the Blackhawk
State Park.  Estimated 200' vertical, but nice & steep oak glades- just
add snow! (I'm not going out of my way to get first tracks there, but
if I _lived_ there I would.)  I've skied some short steep lines down to
Lake Michigan in Lake Forest IL before too- until the police asked me
not to. :-)

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop