I see Blue HIlls everyday on my way to work and decided to check it out for
a day. It was a beautiful sunny 50 degree day in late Feb.  They had a
pretty good base at the time, so the conditions were surprisingly OK.  I'm
sorry to say that the place is getting really run down (lifts need paint
jobs, lodge is too small, not enough ski school instructors etc.) I suspect
it's because the MDC doesn't give it enough funding. My roommate skied for
BC and she said they used to help take care of the trails and lifts in
exchange of use of the hill for running gates. The vertical is longer than
Nashoba (Nashoba is 240 and I think Blue Hills is around 350) and the front
face is pretty steep (however I think Wardance at Nashoba may be a little
steeper). It would be a shame to see it close because it's a great place
for the children (and adults) that live in greater Boston to learn.
 Prospect in Waltham was a similar area that shut down a few years ago.
I too have heard rumors of ASC's interest in Blue Hills.  While they're at
it, I would think Prospect would be a good investment too.

-----

Anybody (Skip...) know anything about a possible ASC purchase of Blue
Hills,
MA? I saw a rumor in the last issue of Ski Area Management. I was a ski
instructor there in high school, and have always loved the place. A decent
snowmaking system and a big time terrain park would make it extremely
popular due to its vicinity to Boston (20 minutes without traffic) and its
surprisingly steep slopes (compared to Nashoba, atleast).