This is being forwarded from the AAHSL list, because we thought there
are others who would want to know this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Peay [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 12:01 PM
To: AAHSL
Subject: AAHSL: Sad News

    I am sorry to let you know that Jean Miller died on Monday from
complications of pneumonia.

    I have been very fortunate to have worked for three great directors
and Jean was major influence on my career.  We were fortunate that she
came to our profession from nursing and she brought the very best of
that profession to ours.  My work for Jean began as a not so young
library student.  Like most folks, I initially found her to be a very
formidable presence.  In fact, there was a bit of a challenge to get a
laugh from her, but not for long, since she had a wonderful sense of
humor.  Jean had an extraordinary capacity for hard work but most of all
she was one of the most caring people I have every met.  I have always
considered a good measure of a life is having made difference.  Jean
certainly did.

   If you would like to make a contribution in Jean's memory, I suspect
she would be pleased if you sent it to Spencer Marsh's library.

Spencer Marsh
Director
Health Sciences Library
SUNY at Stony Brook