On Monday, May 29, 2000 4:26 PM, Elisabeth McDonough
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> As an avid Burkie, I'm saddened by this latest news, but not at all
> surpised.  I think it would be a shame to see Burke have to close, but I
> don't want to see it be bought up by one of the mcski corporations

        I've never been there, but I would like to ski Burke based on what I
hear/read/whatever.  The problem with Burke from my perspective is
location.  It's not close enough to the ski areas I patronize to be a
convenient "alternative".  When I do head up that way, I drive the extra
mile to go to Jay which normally has a snowfall that is 50-150% greater and
only costs me $24/day (MRG Shareholder benefit).  If Burke had Jay's
snowfall, I would stop there for sure.
        If it's around next season, perhaps we can have a SkiVittle day there to
help it out.

Mark