On Tuesday, May 30, 2000 8:33 PM, First Tracks!! Online Ski Magazine
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:

> They didn't bother.  Yesterday was their last day, per the following
press
> release:
>
> Killington Skiers and Snowboarders In Denial
> As the Season Concludes
>
> Killington, VT (May 30, 2000)-The Superstar Quad Chairlift finally came
to a
> halt at 4:00 PM on May 29, 2000, and Killington reluctantly closed for
the
> 1999-2000 winter season.

> "We have skied through Memorial Day, or longer for the past 40
consecutive
> seasons," said Wilson. "Next year, with the snowmaking expansion we have
> planned, the season may even be longer."

        Whoa, wait a minute.  That statement is false - 40 consecutive seasons of
reaching Memorial Day ?  Perhaps 40 season of being the last lift-served
mountain to close in the East is more like it.  Snowmaking on the upper
mountain wasn't installed until 1970.  Before that, they still stayed open
pretty late on Catwalk, even into May on natural snow.

Mark