[log in to unmask] wrote:

> In a message dated 05/30/2000 7:25:43 PM EST, [log in to unmask]
> writes:
>
> <<  http://www.FirstTracksOnline.com/taoshiatt.htm. >>
> Marc, outstanding perspective on Taos...I have been wanting to go there for
> years.  It is a gimme this coming season..Thanx for the great report.
> Chris S

---------

With a tip of the hat to Dale Hiatt's excellent writeup, maybe by next
year La Nina will have dissipated (reports of its iminent demise are
exaggerated I'm now hearing) and Taos will be really worth visiting.
Frankly, the snowfall has REALLY sucked there for the last two seasons,
and business was off this year over 30%.  Many long-time resort
employees are now laid off.  Bottom line is, if you are laying out the
airfare and cash to visit Taos, do it in an El Nino year.  The chances
of finding good conditions are infinitely better.

Leigh