The June 2000 issue of OR Manager has a paragraph describing a study
conducted for the ANA by Network, Inc. "a research organization."
The study tracks five adverse outcomes: length of stay, pneumonia,
postoperative infections, pressure ulcers and urinary tract infections.
"Patients have better outcomes in hospitals with higher staffing levels and
higher ratios of RNs in the staffing mix."
I tried searching the ANA website for information on this study, i.e. is it
published, where, when, but found nothing.
If anyone has any info on this, I would appreciate the help.
Lisa McCormick
The Jewish Hospital
Cincinnati, OH
or