I would suggest that you consider cataloging it by Other Title (MARC Field
246), such as Green Book, instead of putting the color in the Descriptor
field.  This way the alternate title is search able in most catalogs, where it
probably is not searchable in the Descriptor field.  Plus, your patrons won't
know to look in the descriptor field, nor care what information is in that
field.  They may look at the Other Title field.

Bradley A. Long, MSLS
Library Director
Ohio Valley Medical Center
Wheeling, WV