Colleagues,

I must admit defeat on this one: wanted is some background-type information on 'the changes in the economics of physician office practice, such as in billing, insurance, numbers of clerks required to process claims, coding, over the last 15-20 years.'  (p.s. NOT large group practices)

I know every now and then you run into articles like these, but it never seems possible to find them after-the-fact; they just seem too nebulous to be indexed meaningfully.

Anyway, if anyone happens to recall a recent overview that hits on some of these issues, I'll be both impressed and thankful.
Regards,

Jo-Anne M. Aspri, MLS                401-737-7010, x1309
Library Director                             [log in to unmask]
Kent Hospital
455 Toll Gate Road
Warwick, RI 02886