> I got some good advice from Dr. Murray Hamlet (director of cold
> weather research at the US Army lab in Natick).  He simply suggested
> moving some calories from carbs and sugar to fat during the winter
> (moving, not adding).

You've met Murray?  The man is a wizard.  In addition to being
more knowledgeable about cold weather exposure than anyone
else on the planet, he's also one of the most entertaning speakers
I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. Listers, if you EVER have the
opportunity to hear one of his presentations on
hypothermia/frostbite, make whatever sacrifices are necessary to
attend.  Not only will you learn tons, you'll piss your pants laughing.

> I need to look up how many "servings" of carbs a reeb counts for.
> Need to balance it out with some fat, of course...

Most domestic mass-market reebs (non-lite varieties, although I
hardly consider them as reeb) have about 110 calories from carbs.
Suspect many  micros are much higher.

skip