If I understand you correctly, the book places the offensive phrase in
context, i.e., it describes the racism of "the majority" (whomever that is).
If that's so, don't think it should be censored.  The context is the
important thing....

Does the ALA have any guidelines that could help you?

Nancy
Nancy Crozier, M.L.S.
Manager, Information Resource Centre
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada