Thanks for all of the words of encouragement and ideas.  I knew the book was
highly reviewed and on the AJN recommended book list.  It was by a good
publisher.  So I started to do some research on the author and found out she
is highly respected and awarded in the field of gerontological nursing, sits
as a chair at a major university, and is herself, African American.  I
suggested she be asked to come as a speaker or to use the topic as a
springboard for discussion concerning our hospital program, but I did refuse
to remove the book. Later on I was able to discuss it with my boss and she
does want to take all of the information to our Senior VP since we are early
in the program to have some guidelines.  It might still be mandated that I
must remove it for the shelf, but I have armed my boss with Freedom of
Information statement, all of the author's credentials, etc.  I did do a
search on the term and found little. One site was from a criminology journal
and then there was an article on the web in an newsletter by the Zulu tribe
that sort of gave the other side of the coin which I also included.

We'll see what happens.  Thanks!!!!!!

Shannon Clever
Parkview Library
Ft. Wayne, IN 46805