Bats can carry rabies so this patient should be checked for that.  To find
literature on bat bites, search Medline under the headings "Chiroptera" AND
"Bites and Stings".  This should bring up the literature for you.  Joy
Joy Kennedy, MLS
Health Resource Library
Northwest Community Healthcare
800 W. Central Rd.