Land use is one of those sensitive subjects around this town.  What I have
never been able to understand about the program is why the town is involved
at all.  Why can't it be a contract between the state and the landowner,
leaving the town completely out of the loop?  Why can't the landowner pay
the town the property taxes in full, and get reimbursed from the state for
their exemptions rather than the state giving the town the money?  Why does
the town have to be in the middle?  What am I missing?  Naomi, Vershire c/t