Dear Town Clerks:

Yesterday, Gail Fallar, Tinmouth's Town Clerk, asked a good question
regarding the Tax Department's new Property Transfer Tax Return Forms
(a.k.a. PTRs): When is the cut-off date for accepting the old forms?

Answer:  Town Clerks should be willing to accept old PTR forms through
September.  (Since the 30th is a Saturday, I guess that means September
29th, 2000 for most of you.)  Beginning on Monday, October 2, 2000, you
should accept only the new forms and refuse to accept the old PTR forms.

If you have questions or problems with a potential filer, please feel free
to call me at 828-2731.

Charles L. Merriman, PVR Attorney, Vermont Tax Department