Kathleen and MEDLIB-ers,

Regarding CancerLit: it may not be widely known that in 1997, when the NCI
took responsibility for CancerLit, meeting abstracts ceased to be included in
the database. One can still find articles that report or discuss what happened
at various congresses, but actual meeting abstracts do not appear from 1998,
1999, or 2000.

To find those you must either have obtained the abstracts from the meeting
itself, locate them on the association's website (for those assns. that mount
them on websites), or find them in the supplement of the appropriate journal
(when the assn. has made that kind of arrangement with a journal.)

Fortunately, AACR and ASCO have theirs on websites, and ASH prints theirs in
Blood. For many of the others, you need Lady Luck on your side. We also
sometimes get good results from Biological Abstracts/RRM (Reviews, Reports,
and Meetings).

Good luck to all!

Olia Holowka Palmer
Research Medical Library