James Michael Kusack [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>But all this discussion concerning ski values and building a quiver has
>me wondering:
>
>What do you folks do about bindings?  Are you finding comparable deals?
>Seems that the prices of some of these skis can pretty much double after
>the extra costs for bindings, installation, safety check, etc. are added
in.

Personally, I always buy spares on tele bindings whenever they go on sale at
REI at season end, since they seem to hit a pretty low bottom, then sell out
within a few weeks. (eg, $65 Rainey Superloops.)

For alpine bindings, I usually pick a "standard", that's a couple years old
but decent, then buy them whenever I can find them well under $100. For a
long time I was on the Marker M46/M48/MR-Race standard, but lately it's been
the look turntables (pre Pivot versions), and seem to be able to dig up new
TT07s and TT08s pretty easily between $50-75. (OK so I spent $90 on some
TT08s last fall, but I was desparate to get something on Jan's K2s before
Xmas :-) The biggest difficulty I'm finding with the Looks is finding lifts
to slip under 'em for more shapely skis witout going to race lifters.
Anybody know of a sub-$30 set of 10mm lifts for Look TTs collecting dust on
some back shelf?

Anybody want a pair of brand new Marker MR-Race turntables (M48 vintage) for
cheap? Backchannel me!

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop