    Leigh> In short, I shouldn't even hazard a prediction for this
    Leigh> year

I'd stop right there.  :-)

    Leigh> my money is on a cold, snowy east, and an average temp.,
    Leigh> snowless west.  Any bet-takers out there?

I think you're on to something.  It will most likely be cold and snowy
here in the East, or else cold and not snowy, or warm and snowy, or
warm and not snowy, or something in between.

Now that's the sort of long-term weather prediction I'm comfortable
with.

Cheers,
--
Dave "ask me in March what this winter will be like" Guertin

43 58' 32" N
73 12' 20" W
elev. 500 ft.