Hello all,

Just wanted to give you all an update on the speaker planning ...

I got an email from George Soules ( that guy Caitlin can't say enough good
things about, who spoke to Myra's class last semester).  Anyway, he said
he'd be willing to come speak on October 3rd. YEAH!!!!  I've just gotta
comfirm use of a projector for his laptop.

Then the night of October 24 happens to fall on the night before the Tech
Fair.  I've spoken with a woman from IBM and Beth Wright from Career
Services, and we're gonna pull together a panel of UVM graduates from IBM
and other companies to speak about their experiences at work relating
specifically to the program at UVM.  We should probably meet to more
clearly define what we want them to talk about.  When's good????  The
sooner the better.

Third, I've made contact with the Ergonomics folks, and they're willing to
come.  I just need to call and set it up.  They have a 1 hour presentation
that includes video and something else.

Fourth, I'm working on setting up other speakers from a variety of
companies who can share what they do (kinda like George Soules).  Perhaps
that will end up being another panel, or maybe we'll have them come next
semester.  Still in the works.  Should we pick another date for this
semester?

I'd like to make a poster introducing the "Speaker Series" for CSSA with
the dates and times posted that encourage people to save the dates.  Then
as we confirm the actual speakers, we can make specific posters for each
talk.  I figure the more posters we have out there, the more people will
be aware of the CSSA, and they'll start coming.

Does anyone know anything about a Computer ____ suite in L/L???  I'm not
sure what they're focused on, but perhaps we should connect with them and
possible plan some activities jointly.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement about George Soules.  Maybe
tomorrow during the picnic we can set up another "business" meeting to
discuss these speaker possibilities and further clarify what we want to
have happen.

See ya all tomorrow!!!

Joy  :)