Since I had request to share with the list here it is.  No one had a
letter which I could use as a model.  My boss has a relationship with
several pharmaceutical companies since he is the head of CME.  He is
going to ask for unrestricted educational grants which will go through
our Foundation.  I did get one person suggesting that we check with
corporate compliance which is listed below.
I think you better check with your corporate compliance officer first.
too going to ask Pharm Reps for help and was told that this was illegal
due
to new government regulations.

Donna J. Winkelman, MLS
Manager, Health Sciences Resource Center
Glens Falls Hospital
100 Park Street
Glens Falls, NY  12801
518-926-1850
FAX 518-926-1943

I spoke with Mary Swenson from UpToDate today.  She said if a hospital
had a relationship with a drug company who wanted to sponsor UpToDate,
that UpTo Date would prefer the hospital put up a splash screen with the
drug company's name.  However, if due to technical difficulties, this
couldn't be done, then UpTo Date wouldn't object to having the name
there.

Marilyn Teolis
Email:[log in to unmask]
Baptist Hospital                              Phone (615)329-5373
2000 Church St.                             (800)-826-9998 x 5373
(Outside TN)
Nashville TN 37236                       Fax:(615)340-4610