Hey Wes, before you book there, I've got a line on a real deal to Bad Gastein,
Austria.  Check this out:

RT air NYC-Munich
one week accomodation in the Hotel Krone(3-star hotel w/spa)
one week rental car
meals (full buffet breakfast and supper)
all transfers etc., for... <drum roll>

$699.

A six-day lift ticket for the local five-area combined pass (3,800 ft. vert. 53
lifts, 280 km of pistes) (that's a huge area) will set you back another grand
total of $135 -  for the whole week.  Kid's prices are even cheaper, including
the tickets at half price to age 19 on a family pass..

I'm so tempted to book.  Bad Gastsein doesn't get a lot of US press, but is
apparently a real expert's haven, with a lot of steep fall line reds and blacks,
in fact, most everything except Chamonix-like chutes and cliffs.

Leigh