Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 10:20:54 +0000
From: Alerts <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Privacy Conference

Dear W. Curtiss Priest

We would very much appreciate it if you could post the conference
announcement
below on your discussion list if you consider it appropriate.

Kind regards

Conference Alerts Team

Conference Announcement

Privacy Conference
5 to 7 October 2000, New York, New York, USA

The distinction between what is public and what is private
is becoming more and more blurred with the increasing
intrusiveness of the media and advances in electronic
technology.  While this distinction is always the outcome
of continuous cultural negotiation, it continues to be
critical, for where nothing is private, democracy becomes
impossible.  How much of what is currently considered
private are we willing to make public in the name of
openness and convenience?  This conference will look
backward at the historical foundations of privacy and
forward to what the future may have in store.  Full-time
students with valid ID admitted free; all others $125 for
the full three days.

For more information, e-mail the conference organizer at
[log in to unmask] or phone the Conference Office at (212) 229-2488
or visit the conference website at
http://www.newschool.edu/centers/socres/privacy

This conference announcement distributed by ConferenceAlerts.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.