Dear colleagues:

Have you noticed what is happening to journal subscriptions?  I thought that
the prediction was for the 10 %.  But from what I see shipped to me from the
vendor, the price increase for next year is more like 30%!!!     What's
going on?  is this a publisher's counter measure for free full text online
or ILL cost  recoup or are journals production tied in to the price of
gasoline, or in adverse proportion to the stock market?

I had to keep my budget at year 2000 levels, and maybe I will be able to
justify a 3.5% market increase later on.  Or be left with no hard copy.
Interesting dilemma.

Dalia Kleinmuntz, AHIP           [log in to unmask]
Director, Webster Library, Evanston Hospital
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
847-570-2664                   847-570-2926 FAX

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of ENH.